Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Photokina Countdown



The doors to Photokina open in two weeks from today. The rumor mills are running full tilt. The forums are ablaze with pontification and prognostication. I'm getting phone calls and people walking in the store all asking for juicy tidbits and insight on upcoming gear. This photography stuff is serious business, folks.

I must admit that as a gearhead and tech nerd myself, I find myself getting a bit wound up as well. I'm counting down the days to the show. I'm planning my route at the show and dreaming about the tech goodness that awaits me in Germany. Hands-on play time is fun time.

I attended the last Photokina show in 2006 and was totally blown away by the sheer scale of the thing. Over 160,000 people decided to join me, yet the show was so large and spaced out that it never felt crowded. Last time I went for 3 days. This time, I'm there from opening day on the 23rd straight through the last day on the 29th. This should mean less rushing and more info gathering at each booth, with plenty of time to wander the uncharted smaller booths in search of cool stuff.

I will, of course, be bringing you all the info and my take on it each and every night after the show closes. If there are any requests to scope out certain products, please let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.

Keep checking back for updates as Photokina approaches.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Migo said...

Will the extra grip fit Lumix LX3? It has a hollow space that might fit the lx3 grip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home