Monday, September 29, 2008

Playing hooky again - Shots of the Dom at night

The last day of the show went fine. A little hectic maybe, tying to see everything on the list. I'm just getting ready to leave for the airport, so I can't write too much. Last night after the show closed, I walked on the other side of the bridge, determined to get the classic Cologne Dom shot. So, here they are. All shot with Leica M8 (35 cron ASPH, WATE at 21mm, 90mm Elmarit, 35). Enjoy.







Funny enough, I ran into my Swedish friend on the way to the bridge. Small world I guess. At the overlook, I made some new friends as well. Like I said yesterday, photography has a way of bringing people together. After I got the shot, I headed over the bridge, had a pizza and a gelato (ein eis) and headed back to the hotel. As crazy as it's been here, I will certainly miss Cologne and eagerly look forward to the next Photokina in 2010.

But, who says it's over? I still have two days of blogging to complete from the show. When I get home, I will update the missing days. Thanks to everyone who is following the blog. Keep checking back.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce work, David!!
Can't wait to see all this exciting stuff make it's way back to South Florida :)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Zek said...

There are some very early Leica shots of that bridge and the Cologne cathedral

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,

it was really a great thing for me to find your blog! I´ve just read your complete photokina 2008 report, and I have to say it was really nice to read! If you like, please feel free to visit my photo albums under

http://public.fotki.com/britora71/

I´m just an amateur photographer, and therefore it is always more then welcome to find some comments on my pictures from a pro!

Best regards

Ralf (Germany)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Shanx said...

Nice work. Which camera did you use? Did you use a tripod? The night pics of the bridge have stunning color. Some details of your gear would be splendid: curious minds want to know :)

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello David, still stay tuned here for all the new studio lighting gear. Thanks

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home